Friday, July 13, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

This is kind of late but I really wanted to write about it.  a few weeks ago Stacey and I went to the Denver Temple to do baptisms.  For the both of us, it was our first times doing baptisms on our own--like, without going for a ward temple trip.

We had a wonderful time! We got there extra early so that we could walk around the Temple Grounds, and have solo experiences.  At first I walked around to the back of the temple and sat in this gorgeous gazibo, but it was so blazin' hot that I couldn't focus so I moved to a rock.  I had such a spiritual experience there as I talked to my Heavenly Father about the little worries and struggles that I was going through at the time and some still.  As I was studying and praying, I came across a quote written in my scriptures by Dieter F. Uchtdorf from a General Conference Talk titled, "You Matter to Him."  It says,

"Please understand that what you feel and experiene now is not what forever will be."

As I pondered this quote I came to the conclusion that even though right now these problems are important to me, I don't need to be stressing and worrying so much about them, because I have my Heavenly Father to communicate with and help me get through my trials, and years from now, even weeks maybe, these hard times may pass and won't matter so much.  I am so thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Because of it, I know that I am never alone.  Christ did not just suffer for the sins of the world.  He sufferred so that He could know what every single person who ever lived, lives, and will live, goes through and feels like, not just the sins, but every single feeling and emotion and situation, Christ knows and THAT is why we are NEVER alone.  Because Christ knows us and has felt what we go through, and loves.  I spoke with an old friend on the phone today who just returned from his misison and I asked him what the greatest lesson he learned was and his response was that no one is alone.  And he went into greater detail, but just in case he reads this, maybe I shouldn't say anything, also because I might get it wrong. But he bore his testimony to me about the atonement of Jesus Christ and I couldn't help but think of my experience at the temple.  I am very thankful for his willingness to share with me such deep thoughts and I really appreciate him bearing his testimony to me of Heavenly Father's love for us and the atonement of Jesus Christ. 


After the Temple we went out to Panda Express with a friend and debated the use of chopsticks.

I get to see my family in 5 days!!!! I cannot tell you enough how much I miss them. I can hardly talk on the phone with my mom without my voice cracking or quivering!  I can't wait to go to California for our DuRee Family Reunion and see my cousins and Grandparents! Lately my Grandpa and I have been writing eachother back and forth and I just love hearing from him!  I can't wait to sit with grandma and hear her stories over and over because they NEVER get old, and hopefully garden with Grandpa. ("hopefully" because I asked him, but I havent heard back yet. hahaha)

See you Soon guys!!! 5 DAYS BABY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment