Friday, July 6, 2012

Bring on the Rain

Right now I am sitting in the dining room listening to thunder and rain which is a very, very good thing right now.  Rain is so peaceful and I love the smell.  People can smell rain hours before it even drops, and I wonder how that even happens!  Some one still needs to invent a perfume or room spray or something that carries the scent of rain because let me tell you, I'd wear it all the time!  Eh, probably not. BUT!! I would buy it, maybe. 

Hopefully this rain finishes off putting out the Waldo Canyon Fire.  I guess I should have mentioned that one first.  There was a HUGE fire in Waldo Canyon in Colorado Springs on June 23rd.  I was working on Pikes Peak  that day and we got evacuated down.  It is currently still going, but it's 90% contained.  The fire was awful and heated up the entire city.  Our temperatures broke city records reaching 104F-ish.  There were evacuations everywhere.  The other side of the freeway (about 2 miles away from our house) was on a pre-evacuation, but luckily evacuations never reached us.  It was so smoky and the Allred's house smelled like camping all week.  Tuesday was the fire storm.  The fire spread so fast, so far and caught part of the city on fire.  Flying W Ranch was burned to the ground and many homes and buildings in Mountain Shadows were also burned.  Here is a time lapsed video.  I know it is very, very long, but it is worth your time.


Here are some pictures I took from the Peak on the way down due to the evacuation.




 Many prayers go out to the families who have lost their homes during this tragic fire.  We love you and we are praying for you and thinking of you. 

Stacey and I had a wonderful Fourth of July together:)  We went to Rudy's and washed the cars and tanned (and got totally fried!!) My back hurts so bad. Lobstery.  Here are some pictures of our fun day.



Our matching Shirts! :) Old Navy. 5 Bucks baby!




More rain, figuratively this time.  Tears:) haha. 
I made it passed the first round of judging in the International Art Competition for LDS Youth!!! I entered the piece of the Young Woman cutting her worldly ties. Now I get to send it to the Church History Museum where it will be displayed from Novemeber 2012 to June 2013 and will be judged again where hopefully it will be selected as one of the 20 that...I have no idea what happens after that! haha but I guess we will just take it one step at a time and see what happens:) I will get to go see it over Thanksgiving break!! How crazy is that!!!!???? YAY!!! :) :)   This is the piece!! Check it out :) emsrightbrain.blogspot.com. Water Color, Ink, and White Chalk, and pastel.
 
 
My face has been raining a lot lately... I miss my family a ton. And all of a sudden, as it gets closer to seeing my grandparents in like, two and a half weeks, I cry about missing my grandparents! I don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but I feel so pathetic sometimes, because I can just rain and rain and never stop.  Also, I feel like my life is just moving right along.  I'm moving on, and have things to worry about, and it is sad.  Stacey has gotten so used to me randomly bursting into tears. I feel bad for her because she puts up with it, but I am thankful for her support and comfort and slight teasing to lighten the mood.      
 
Okay! Enough with the face rain already! I am making a time capsule! We started it as a mutual activity project.  It is a marraige time capsule and apparently you open it with your fiance. I am working on putting pictures of wedding/reception idea stuff from Pinterest in it and letters. One to me from me now, and one to my fiance from me now, and one from my parents now to my fiance.  So! I will open it when I get engaged and find lots of cutsie ideas and letters.  My fiance will probably be like...what the heck Emily, you were such a freak.  But I will thoroughly enjoy opening it!!!
 
This is an adventure, but I am just about ready to come home :)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment