Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Will See You Again

This past week has been especially hard for me emotionally.  I had to say "See you later" to Colorado; my Friends and ward and just the familiarity of where I have grown so much these passed three years.  I decided I wasn't going to say "Goodbye" because what does that mean?? It means that you wont come back. But I WILL be back, so "See you later" seemed more appropriate, and it calmed my emotions down a lot more. 


A few days before I left, Matt and I went to Paint the town with a couple friends of ours.  We sat across from each other and painted pictures for each other.  So in the end it would be a surprise.


Artists!


Surprise!!!


Me, Matt, Morgan, and Jake




I painted this one for Matt to help him get through his senior year without me. haha :) 


And he painted this one for me. It is us at Prom.  I never knew he could paint! 


Saying "See you later" was the hardest when it came to Matt.  He has been one of my very best friends for the past three years and I don't know what I would have done with out him.  He has always been there and we had so much fun together.  From helping each other in Algebra 2 Sophomore Year to Painting and going to Manitou Springs, to Lulu's frozen Yogurt (our favorite place!), and Skype Dates, we have had a blast!



and will continue to make even more memories even though we are so far away. Our friendship has meant so much to me! I know it will be different, but we can still be happy :)

Bright and Early Saturday Morning--well, not bright...it was still black as night outside, Stacey and I set off on our 13 hour, approx. 800 mile road trip to Gilbert, Arizona, back home to my family. 
 That road trip was amazing!!! The first one I have ever REALLY driven and have taken without my family.  There were times we were so drained we didn't talk to each other, just listened to music, but then there were times when we were SO drained that we were extremely slap happy and laughed at just about everything! 

 We stopped in Trinidad for Hot Cocoa at Starbucks! Yum!!!

We made a quote book--"FRY BREAD!" and laughed so hard our abs hurt! I also choked on water, peed my pants a little, and almost threw up! Good times. Stacey is the fast driver and I am the slower one, but somehow she was always there one stuck on the back roads with low speed limits or stuck behind semis going 30 in a 65, and I was the one that got the flying freeways. 


We also stopped at the New Mexico border to take a picture! We tried to stop at the leaving Colorado border, but we missed it, and we weren't allowed to park at the Arizona border, so we only got one border picture.

We stopped at Chickfila for lunch in New Mexico. "Ah! The last chicken...disappointing..." -Me


Check it out! New Mexico Beef is greater than any other state's beef.
Cruise Control is the best!!!  "I hate legs! I wish I had none!"- Stacey
Arizona's "Mountains."  At that moment I was REALLY missing Colorado and it's gorgeous massive mountains.  "Emily, that's a plateau." -Stacey

Stacey was stuck behind this stupid white truck for like...ever!  She was getting pretty impatient.

LOOK at this guy!!!!! 1. His helmet has horns on it! 2. all of his stuff had fur on it. and 3.  His licence plate said "wolf." ...it would!


New Mexican stop lights are....that's right. SIDEWAYS!


We finally made it to Gilbert, Arizona! and Holy Smokes!!! It is so hot here!  I don't know how these people do it.  Seriously.  Stacey and I were like, "I'm sweating! I'm sweating! I'm sweating! From EVERY nick, cranny, crack and crevasse of my body!!!!!"  Behind our knees, and in our inbows! (the inner elbow. hahaha) Before we actually pulled in, we decided that we would tell my mom that we were still an hour away, even though we were about 15 minutes away, just to surprise them.  But because we lied, we ended up getting lost and it still took us about an hour to get there anyways. Karma.

The next day I had to say goodbye--see you later--to my dear, sweet, friend, Stacey, when she flew back to Colorado Springs.  I am going to miss her so much.  We have been through a whole heap together.  I had a wonderful time living with her for the whole summer.  We had our short little bickers and the "I get the last 'UGH!'s" but we had way more good times than bad. I mean, look at all of these blogs! It will be so fun though to read her blogs and not already know about everything in them.  We have taken so many adventures together and I hope she has an amazing Senior Year.  I love you Stacey!

Seeing my family has been a really good time.  I have unpacked, and gone shopping a little for some more school clothes, and Mom has shown me around town.  I can't decide if my family thinks that I live here now, or that I am just visiting.  At church on Sunday they said, "she is visiting us," but it doesn't feel like I am visiting.  It did the first day, but now that I am unpacked and everything I feel like I live here.  I love spending time with my mom, but it is really weird for everyone to be off at school all day, and me not be there too.  I have so much time on my hands...so I blog. haha :)

Megan is a tan, swimming machine, and Bryson is a handsome stud muffin getting so grown up by the minute.  Camilla is learning how to play the flute! That makes 3 in the family. Caleb is enjoying 1st Grade and rides his little bike to school.  CUTE.  and JESSIE!! Okay, the last time I saw her, she was so crazy.  The most hyper dog I have ever met.  But now she has definately grown up.  She is so mellow and I love her so much!

I know I am going to miss Colorado and all of the people that made it such a wonderful experience for me, but I am excited for what is to come here in a new place, and it is never goodbye, unless you want it to be.  So See you later Colorado.   






















No comments:

Post a Comment