Monday, August 13, 2012

The Last Few Weeks in CoLOrAdO

It has been weird trying to pack in all of the things that I want and need to do before I go home to Arizona, but I am trying to make the most of it.  I decided that being stressed is extremelly exhausting and so I am done with that for now. 

 "Give your stress wings and let it fly away." ~Terri Guillemets

What a great quote :)

Anyways,  Here is what has been going on since I got home from California.

I worked for two weeks on Pikes Peak and made the best of it. I actually quit a week early so that I could have a little bit more down time before Stacey and I take our roadtrip to AZ.  I am so glad that I never have to go back up to that mountain ever ever again! I was so so very sick of it.  But it was a job and I am very thankful for the opportunity to work there and make some mula for school.  That was pretty nice.  But let me tell you, I will never work in a restaraunt again!! Unless it is a subway or something else super healthy.  Working with all of the grease and yuckies was super nasty.  AND! I will never commute an hour and a half to work again.  That is such a dumb idea.  hahaha anyways,  it's done! and I am glad, but very grateful for the experience.

 Last week I took Matt to Manitou Springs.  We went to the Penny Arcade and found out that the name is very deceiving.  It's not a "penny" arcade! It should be named "The Dollars, Quarters, Dimes, Nickles, and Pennies Arcade."   We still played some games though.  I beat him at the duck shooting game! Who'da thunk?  We also wanted to do the Photo Booth!....but..the machine only took quarters and it was 3 dollars.  We didnt have the change, so we just took them ourselves in the Photo Booth and I made them look like the real thing.
 Riding bikes...





Peek-a-boo!!

We match the birdies:)


My Pikes Peak Sweatshirt!!! I love this color! Also, Funny Story, We were walking down the street and a jeep pulled over and the guys asked me if I knew the way to the top of Pikes Peak, guess what I said?  I said I couldnt remember!!! I stopped working on monday, and this was thursday! It was as if all of that time working up there was preparing me for that one question, and I failed. hahaha After they left though I remembered, after some deep thought.  Embarrassing!  


Manitou Springs was so fun!  I am so glad we got to go. 

On Saturday Stacey, Matt, and I were in the Black Forest Days Parade with the Lamoreaux Family for their Dental Practice.  I was the ToothFairy! I will always rememeber that day because it was a BLAST!!!!!!! Check it!



It was a lot of fun to watch grown men fight over frisbees that Matt and Stacey threw out to the crowds, and to watch little girls oooo and awwww about the "actual toothfairy."  We even got our picture taken by the Black Forest News! Too bad I dont get the paper. haha Oh well, still fun to think about! 

Sunday was my last Sunday in my Ward.  It was bittersweet.  Brother Dahlin, my sunday school teacher, was the best sunday school teacher I ever had.  He was so awesome and brought snacks! haha that is not the only reasons I loved him.  He always told the best stories and he always taught us real life lessons and we had Q and A days and I just learned so much from him and I admire and look up to him a lot.  I decided I want to marry someone like my Dad, and like Brother Dahlin. haha Also, I am going to miss young womens.  It hit me Sunday that I am no longer in YWs, because I am leaving, and also because the Relief Society came in and gave us "Welcome to Relief Society" Gift Bags with a pack of tissues and the relief society manual and "Daughters of His Kingdom" or something like that, and lip gloss, and a pad of paper and a pen.  It was cute of the Relief Society Presidency, but it kind of scraed me a little.  It hit me that I am done. I am done with that phase!  I am going to miss Sister Vasas and Sister Gardner a whole lot too.  They were so influential to me and always happened to have lessons that I needed to hear exactly at that moment in the week. It was incredible. 

Today is Monday and last night Stacey and I invited like 30 people to a picnic in the park for today and so we went and and only 3 people showed up! haha it was still cool though.  literally! It was like in the 60s today (  :P for my mom hahaha, who is stuck in the over 100's in AZ.) I also got the highest heels i have ever owned for only $8! It was a steal! I love sales :)

I am excited to live up the next three days here in Colorado and spend as much time as I can with friends. At the same time, I am so excited for our roadtrip to Arizona and to see my family again!! and go more college shopping!! AHHHHH!!! College!!! I am gonna go crazy, I am so excited!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment