Saturday, November 17, 2012

God's Masterpieces

This weekend I finally got to see my family! Well, some of them.  My mommy, and little sister and brother, Camilla and Caleb, along with some cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.
They all came to the Opening Ceremony for the International Art Competition for Youth at the Assembly Hall in Temple square to support me in receiving the Humanitarian's Youth Juror's Choice Award for my piece, "Cutting Worldly Ties."








There were about 100 pieces on display, and about 20 awarded. Sister Elaine S. Dalton, the Young Women General President attended and I was able to get a picture with her and talk to her about my piece. She said she loved it and asked how I came up with the idea. It was such an amazing experience to meet her and especially to speak with her! AND to have her know my piece! 
After the ceremony we all made our way to the Church History Museum to see our gallery.  The gallery was set up so beautifully and categorized by different themes within the common theme, Arise and Shine Forth, and different mediums.  There are so many incredible youth artists around the world.  Japan, Taiwan, Philippians, all over the USA, Austria and many more. It was truly remarkable to see so much talent. And even more amazing to see so  many of God's Masterpieces using their talents to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.   
Here are some of my very favorites:

























I love my family :) 
    





I am so thankful for talents and for the willingness of others to share what God has given them.        
David O. McKay once said that at the judgment day we will have a person interview with Christ.  In that interview, among other things, he will ask us how we developed and shared our talents with others.  The Lord loves to see how we use the talents that he has given us.  I had a wonderful time catching up with mom about the family and friends and what everyone has been up to. and venting about school stuff.  Sometimes I just really need my mommy.  Okay a lot of the time! I cant wait to see the rest of my family on Wednesday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment