Friday, December 7, 2012

A Spirit of Thanksgiving

So November has come and gone, very quickly might I add.  This time of year is the time to count your blessings (which should be done all year, but you know what I mean), reflect over the year, prepare for finals, listen to Christmas music, and .....check "No Shave November" off of your bucket list--what!? ....yes. But most importantly--Count your many blessings.
There is much to be thankful for especially here in the United States.  We have life so good and I know that a lot of the time I take it for granted, but it is time to do some serious pondering about our blessings that Heavenly Father has given us and to thank Him daily for what we have.  I don't remember who said this but it goes like this.  What if you woke up one morning with only the things you had thanked Heavenly Father for the day before?  Be grateful.
An inspiring video from Oprah:

This passed Thanksgiving I was able to go down to Salt Lake to visit my immediate and extended family. It was so so so great to see all of them! And Ill get to go home in just a few days to see them all again! But for a long time YAY :)
While visiting family, I was able to spend some time talking to my mom and dad about future plans like...serving a mission! I want to start my papers NOW! But I can't until Februaryish. I guess it is good for me to wait.  It will make me want it even more.
My dad took us all to Walmart on Thursday night when Black Friday started and holy cow!!! It was ridiculous the crazy amount of people there.  That is definitely NOT my scene.  Way too overwhelming for me.                
My grandma got to talk to me a lot about genealogy and she gave me some names to do, but I think I am going to wait and do them in the Mesa Temple when I get back.  She shared with me some very spiritual and touching experiences.  I love my grandparents very much and I am so thankful for their great hospitality. I do wish I was able to see my grandparents on my mom's side though, because I don't know when the next time I will see them will be.  Probably after my mission, unless they come to the farewell.
I also got to chitchat with Megan which was good.  I hope when I go home we won't fight so much like in high school.  Bryson, Camilla, and Caleb are growing up so fast! It is just so crazy what 3ish months will do during childhood.  I never noticed when I was there, but because I never see them, it's crazy!
I also got to see my friend Allison in Provo!!! I miss that girl.
Oh My Goodness! We all went to the opening night of the lighting of Temple Square.  Gorgeous.  My mom's cousin and her husband are serving their mission there right now so we got to go with them and they showed us around.
Oh! Oh! Oh! I get to go to Colorado over Christmas break with Megan and Bryson! Super excited about that.  It will be so awesome to see my best friends again.  Stacey was definitely the best housemate I have ever had (aside from family of course) and I miss her a whole heap! And Matt! I miss him so much too.  It is going to be so weird but awesome to see them again.  I probably wont be able to contain myself! I miss everything about Colorado, probably even more so because I know that i am not going there to go home anymore. I am even excited to drive on the new Powers!!! I'm pathetic...  
I know it is late, but I hope everyone had a glorious Thanksgiving and is doing well and keeping safe and warm during the Holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment