Sunday, June 3, 2012

Paying, Playing, and Pondering

The first few weeks of a new job are always overwhelming.  Let me tell you somethin'. Holy COW.  It has stressed me out so much and has kept me so so busy that I am losing a bunch of weight and sleep over it. I need to fatten up :)   So, I am no longer making donuts. (I think that they realized that I sucked at it). So...I am back on register which I don't mind so much. At first it was totally stressing me out because I was really slow and for few days we got this massive group of Indian people who were super super impatient and would either shove money in my face or expect me to help them in like 5 seconds, or they would use credit cards, and the majority of credit cards come from Indian people; I have no idea why.  I hate it when people do that,  because then at the end of the day I have to add up all of the card receipts and for some reason that is a LOT harder for me to do than just counting all of the money in my drawer.  Anyways, I am getting used to the register and just have to keep telling myself to take it slow and be patient and to not care if they are in a hurry, because it is more important for me to do a good job and make them happy with the right change, than to please them with speed, but do the job wrong.
 
I also cleaned my first public restroom the other day. DROSS!! We were about to head down the mounatin and Scott, one of the managers said we couldn't go down until the women's room was cleaned and everyone just stared and him like,"Heck no techno I am NOT cleaning that." So I spoke up and volunteered.  Everyone learned a lesson that day because guess what? Scott entered me into an employee drawing for $100 for volenteering. Score!

On Wedensday I think it was, I met a 90 year old woman who came up to the peak.  She was so cute! She was fiddling through her little coin purse and trying to find exact amounts and her hands were shaking so badly and she just couldnt do it alone, so I offerred to help her and she was just so sweet.  She said, "I am so so sorry I am just moving so slow. I am 90 years old!" It just made me think about how long she has lived and how much life I still have to live.  I wonder how much she's learned and what she has been through.  And it made me think about how someday I will be that old and I won't be able to do everything on my own anymore and I will have to depend on other people regularly, even strangers in a store that I would hope are honest people, to help me through my day. But at the same time I will have a "life time o' knowledge!" It's a bitter sweet thought. 

Play! Play! Play!! I went on a date to go see the Avengers on tuesday!! It was so so so good! I loved it even though I hadn't seen the super hero movies really before.  I had a wonderful time at the movies and then LuLu's. I LOVE LuLu's. On friday night I went on another super fun date.  We went to Ikea and pretend shopped and played around in different rooms. Then we went to Barns and Nobles which was cool. Holy Cow they have a lot of books!! I have never really gone to one before. Not that I can remember anyways.  We went to the mall and ate some super yummy icecream and sat on a park bench and talked for like, two hours! It was a ton of fun and I am so glad I had a day to play.   And then another day to play!! Stacey and I went to Wallyworld last night and just had our own little adventures getting groceries and playing around with kid toys and super hero masks.  Super fun :)     

I said goodbye to Megan and it was so sad.  We hadn't seen eachother for about a week and she threw a goodbye party at the park so I stopped by after work. Once we saw eachother, we ran to eachother and gave each other huge hugs.  We were both on the verge of tears! It has never really been like that between us, but I have missed her a lot and I regret all of the stupid times we fought over little nothings. We even text now and talk about our days and stuff which I like a lot:) I am glad that we are better friends, but I am sad that it took separation to realize how serioulsy close we can be, and I hope that we will become even closer because I love her so much.  I also miss Bryson a TON and Camilla and Caleb and my MOMMY!!!! And Daddy :) I basically miss my family a LOT.    

I am learning to pay now so that I can play sometimes later, and I am finding myself pondering the little things all the time!


       

2 comments:

  1. We all loved reading your post....we miss you and love you mucho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was supa cute! I'm just so happy for you and that you are having a great time and doing so well! Love ya! See ya soon:)

    ReplyDelete