Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bonding and Bonfires

Okay so before I actually start, I found some pictures on my camera that I totally forgot to put up so here they are!
The first day of big girl school! YIKES!

We have devotionals every Tuesday afternoon and at the first one...I fell asleep and got made fun of.   I was just so tired because I wasn't used to staying up so late doing homework.  Any of you who know me know that I go to bed relatively early and I wake up early.  My new sleeping schedule is one of my hardest challenges here.  I hate staying up 'til 1 or 2am doing homework and preparation work and then waking up at like 7 or 8am.  

 On September 11th the school puts up flags all over Quad. It was a great way to feel the spirit and memory of the day. 



Family Home Evening: Team Bowling at Fat Cats. We got to know some more people from our Ward.  We have an awesome ward and we are going to have so many fun times!!!  






I got so dang frustrated and bored in the library. This Online Anatomy class will be the death of me.



On our way to a bonfire down at the sand dunes after a rough day of studies.  Oh the fun things to do in Rexburg. 



We got a pet frog and we are hiding him in the dorm!!! His name is Gary. 

Saturday night there was a dance at the Hart building.  So many people! and clean dancing!!! Shocker there.  It was a blast.  I would so love to go to another one.  Okay so a little bit of a funny story about these two pictures.  I swear I am NOT flipping anybody off.  I got teased at church when the guys from my ward saw that.  My index finger is just hidden I promise!!!  Embarrassing. We were waiting in line for forever! and met this awesome kid with a British accent. Oh!! and we saw some friends from Colorado Springs, the Kofford twins, who cam up from BYU Provo! 



Sunday at church we finally got our callings, Family Home Evening groups, visiting teaching assignments and home teachers.  I am a Family History Indexer! I go to the Computer Lab in the Smith Building and Index during Sunday School.  It was weird to get the visiting teaching assignments; I felt like a Mom! haha 

Some friends from Colorado Springs that are also up here at school invited my room mates and I over for dinner.  They made us Fettuccine Alfredo and I made a Chinese chicken salad.  It didn't really go with the meal, but it was still oh so delicious!  Also, here at BYUidaho they do this event called Stadium Singing every Sunday night.  Those students who want to participate come under the bleachers and sing hymns for about a half hour.  We went to it on Sunday and it was such an uplifting experience.  I am going to try to go every Sunday.  After that we had some guys over and watched the RM.  GREAT movie.  
Tonight my room mates and I went to the gym 'cause we needed the work out, but it was kind of pointless because when we got back home, immediately we all started craving different things.  Robyn made cheesy mashed potatoes, Ashley made KoolAid and I made Pooplets.  Robyn made up the name. I was just craving muddy buddies so bad but I didn't have any Chex, so I used cheerios! haha  (Cheerios, peanut butter, nutella, some chocolate chips, butter,and powdered sugar.)
YUM :) 

New concoctions are becoming pretty popular with us because we just use what ever we have in the cupboards.  Oh! I have a date on Thursday! anyways, I have been having so much fun here.  As hard as all of the work is and all of the stress is, it is so worth it.  I miss my friends and family back home but I am so glad to be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment