Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bring on Fall

Happy September!
Unfortunately, Arizona has repressed even the thought of allowing fall to reach us.  This heat is awful and it doesn't look like it will get any cooler (under 90degrees) til November or something.  Which to everyone else anywhere is practically winter! Luckily...

in 2 days I will be in IDAHO! woot woot!

Hopefully it will feel more like fall there.  I don't know why I want Fall to come so bad.  Probably because its my favorite, and it seems like everyone is already off to school, and our lesson in relief society today was on gratitude, and Mom made her famous cinnamon rolls today, and I am dying to use the new Bath and Body Works Fall scents handsoap I got because they smell like warm apple cider and cranberry sauce.

This week I was able to get in some volunteer hours that will hopefully help me out when I go to apply for the BYUi Nursing Program.  I went to Cornerstone Family Medicine and shadowed/helped nurses and Dr. Willden, one of the doctors.
Wednesday was super boring because I shadowed a nurse who didn't talk to me and wouldn't really answer me when I talked to her.  I saw this quote bubble in her head... "Why the heck are you here? Why are you following me? I don't need or want your help"...etc.  The first shot I watched  made me weezy, but the ones after that were fine.  She taught me how to take blood pressure! But I am glad it was just on her arm because I did it wrong so that would have been so very embarrassing to do it to anyone else. 
Friday morning I woke up dreading the hours ahead of me because I had to do it again.  But, when I got there Dr. Willden had me shadow a different nurse.  This one was so fun and spunky and so so nice to me.  I watched her flush an ear.  That was nasty,  but now I know how to do that.  I got to carry around some files for her and push the little white button that tells the Doctor which room is next.  Then she had me stock some medical supplies.  It was 10 times better than Wednesday because I felt so much more welcomed because of that nurse and how she actually looked like she enjoyed having me there.  Hopefully, I will be able to come back when I am off track to do some more hours, but if not, I have two hospital volunteer applications waiting to be filled out :) I will at least still apply for one of those.

I also got most of my college packing done this week.  There are 2 full suitcases, and 2 partially packed suitcases sitting in the front room. YIKES! I am so excited but I can't believe that the next blog post I will be doing will be from Rexburg.  That will be a LONG one, I am sure.  Watch out Rexburg! Here I come! Hopefully, my dorm room and mate can handle me and all of my stuff:) teehee

I am so beyond excited and can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for me, even if its going to be rough, which I am sure it will be.        

No comments:

Post a Comment