Monday, October 1, 2012

Brains, Boys, and Bears

This week I overworked my brain hardcore! I am working on writing my Midterm Paper for Book of Mormon. 6 Pages on one subject from the Book of Mormon.  I think I am going to discuss family and how it changes and evolves for better and worse over time.  This coming week, I have a Math exam, a Math Project due, the Book of Mormon Midterm paper and presentation, a Child Development Exam, and Anatomy Exam.  Also! I have to finish all of my school work before Friday afternoon because...my room mates and I are going to Utah for General Conference.  YAY!! Ashley, Jessica, and Rachel are going to the Saturday morning session, and I am going to the Sunday Morning Session with Robyn.  I can't wait! Road trip!On our way back home on Sunday we are stopping in Brigham City to see on of my good friends that is going to Utah State.

OH MY GOSH!!! Speaking of Utah...I get to go down to Salt Lake City on November 15th for the Latter-Day Saint International Art Competition for Youth Awards Ceremony because...My Art piece made it all the way to the end of the competition.  So I get to go see it displayed in the Church History Museum!  I really hope my grandparents can come.  They have motivated me, pushed me, and supported me all the way through this and I would love for them to A. see it, and B. see me, and C. be able to be a part of this with me.  Me going down there the week before Thanksgiving weekend means that I might not get to go home for Thanksgiving.  We will see.  

Robyn and I studying in the warm sun before Tuesday afternoon devotional.

This week I decided to go to the gardens to study instead of the library.  Sometimes the library can be kind of distracting because people are always in and out and talking and whispering.  I was able to get a ton done when i went to the gardens though.  It was so peaceful and I could feel the spirit so strong.  I ended up taking Robyn and Morgan there one day so we could study.  We didn't get that much done.  maybe I will just go alone next time. :) We girls just get to talking and don't stop very easily.

I got asked out on my first date here at BYUi.  We went to Sammy's.  It was a little cute diner with yummy burgers and shakes.  My date didn't know exactly where it was so we just walked around Rexburg 'til we found it.  It took about an hour and we walked in a HUGE circle.  Come to find out that it should have only taken us like...maybe 5 minutes. I am glad that it took so long though, because now we have something to laugh about and we got more time to get to know each other. We had a really good time.  After, we went to a friends apartment and watched Superstar. Hilarious Movie!
 Coincidentally matching... 
 

Saturday I went on another date! The boys took us on a picnic and then to Mesa Falls. Idaho is becoming quite the beauty.  Fall is all around us, especially there! Reds, yellows, oranges, golds, greens, and pinks. and still warm enough to go without a jacket.  Absolutely gorgeous. Once again, a real good time. I love these kids! They are such characters.



Bear awareness...Rawr!

...3 Exams, 1 midterm paper, 1 midterm presentation, 1 project due, a tutoring session, a class discussion to lead, indexing, and laundry to do.  

"Let me guess.  We're about to go over a huge waterfall." -- "yep." -- "Sharp rocks at the bottom?" -- "Most Likely." -- "Bring it on."










1 comment: