Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Homebodies

School Work + Freezing Cold = Homebodies
Most of our apartment isn't really up to going out on the town anymore... Robyn still parties, but it's like, we work so hard with homework and studying and cramming that when we aren't, all we want to do is relax.   At least, all I want to do is relax. (That and it is just so cold that no one wants to go outside unless absolutely necessary) Wake up, study/homework, go to class for an hour, come home, eat, study/homework, eat, sleep, and so on...Oh! and "Once Upon a Time."

Jessica introduced us to "Once Upon a Time" and I LOVE it! AND it is family appropriate! What the heck?! I feel like it pretty hard to come by. So..relaxing time="Once Upon a Time"

The first snow of the season came last week and boy was it gorgeous.  I'm not a fan of playing in the snow but I think it's the most beautiful thing to watch.
You can't really see that it is snowing here... just a flurry

There we go!

Fall+Winter=Incredibly Beautiful




Just for the record, we have the bestest neighbor friends ever! They snuck into our apartment one morning and made us pancakes!
Thank you Rachel and Morgan! We love you guys :) 

I am actually experimenting with cooking a little more too!
I made grilled cheese and tomato soup (Dad will appreciate this :) 

For dinner one night I also made Chick Pea Pasta Soup.  Pinterest Success!

AND!! I made myself a salted caramel Hot Chocolate the other day.  Not as good as Starbucks, but still delicious!

For FHE one night we went to the Straw Maze--super fun, but super hard! There was a guy walking along the top of the maze and after an hour of watching us walk in  circles he said we had been walking 1/4 of the maze the whole time! and he helped us out.  Our FHE Family is finally bonding! took us long enough...

School is getting harder. Although Book of Mormon is over.  SAD DAY! I loved that class.  My Testimony has never been so strong. But anatomy is kicking my Gluteus Maximus so....yikes. That's tough.  Hopefully I can look back on this and it will be worth it.  

Spiritual Side Note: I miss Family Wards.  Even though there are kids, crayons, and cheerios, they are more respectful and reverent than Young Single Adult Wards. Today during sacrament meeting, from where I was sitting, I counted 24 phones out.  And our ward isn't even big! 24! Ten Bucks says they weren't reading scriptures or talks either.  Really people? Are texting, facebooking, and instagramming more important than the Savior? NO.  Would you be playing on your phones if Christ was literally in that meeting? I sure hope not.  But he was there.  The sacrament represents the blood and body of Christ.  His body is laying on the table.  Figuratively, but still.  Sorry if this comes across as chastising, but I feel very strongly about this. It breaks my heart to look around the chapel and see so many adults putting social networking before Christ.  It is not enough to just show up to church. If you can't leave your phone at home, in your car, or in your purse for 3 hours, or at least for meetings, that is sad.    

On a more exciting note...being a homebody isn't so bad! We watch Once Upon a Time and take naps because we stay up so late, and Im getting good grades! Which is good...haha now I just sound like I am trying to justify staying home. Oh well, it's probably not going to change! :P

2 comments:

  1. oh, we just finished the first season of once upon a time, and are all caught up on season 2. we LOVE it. i even got stacey hooked! good luck with your classes, and anatomy!

    ReplyDelete