Sunday, October 14, 2012

Make Someone's Day Every Day

This is the beach.  and no, I am not there.  But my family is! I hope they are having a wonderful time at the beach and at Disneyland!  



Friday Morning I went to the temple and thought I had plenty of time!  Turns out I need to to go a lot earlier than 8:30.  The temple was so so so busy and I guess that is really great because more work is being done and it shows that a lot of students are making the temple a big part of their lives.  But by the time it was my turn, my Child Development class STARTED in 15 minutes.  I was panicking the entire time about the clock and so I didn't feel the spirit as strongly as I could have.  I ended up running from the temple to the apartment, grabbing my backpack and running to class--no make up, sopping wet hair in a bun on top of my head, and huffing and puffing from running--5 minutes late.  It was a very stressful morning.  Lesson Learned: go to the temple earlier. 

But one thing that I will always remember is that as I was almost to the Clark Building, slowing down to a speed walk, looking like a mess, a girl stopped me, looked me right in eyes and said, "Wow, your dress is so pretty" and after I thanked her, she told me that she hoped I had a really good day.  I was taken back by it but I was so thankful for her and her comments.  She made my day and she didn't even know it.  Kind of makes me wonder if I ever make people's day, and so I decided to try to be really aware of how I can turn people's days around and possibly be an answer to someone else's prayer.

Spencer, Robyn's cousin, came over a few nights ago and we watched Gossip Girl while I did homework.  Definitely not my favorite show.  



Last night we had a girls' night, which is actually very unusual for us.  We ran over to Maverick and bought junk food and then watched What to Expect When You're Expecting.  I bought Sprees.  I don't usually like Sprees..but I got them.  I have NO idea why until I ate some.  and I realized that they remind me of my mom! Sprees are one of her favorites.  Anyways, what a hilarious and tender movie!  I loved it.

Today I did a lot of indexing.  I am one of the many indexers in my ward and I am so grateful to have this calling because it is already helping me to become stronger with my Heavenly Father by trusting in the spirit of revelation and praying for guidance to get the records right.  It has also taught me to be praying more often to keep the spirit with me so that I can be ready to aid in the progress of Family History.

Nothing like ending the week with a skype date with Matthew and a heart to heart with Ashley :) I am so blessed to have such good friends!  They make my day every day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment