Monday, October 8, 2012

This Changes Things

Happy October!
This past weekend I had the opportunity to go down to Salt Lake City with my room mate, Robyn, and some other friends to go see General Conference.  This General Conference has indeed made Church history, as our prophet Thomas S. Monson announced the new change in missionary age.  Men can now serve at 18 years old, and women can now serve at 19 years old.  
I have never really deeply considered going on a mission.  I always thought that it would be an amazing experience, if I wasn't married by the time I was 21.  But now I am seriously, deeply, thinking about it.  I really want to. 
 I talked to Matt and my Mom and Dad about it and they were all so encouraging.  It is awesome to talk about it with Matt because he is going through about the same thing with the age change, except that it is totally optional for women. It's awesome for me to think that if I do go, we will be out at the same time.  I know that through fasting, prayer, studying my patriarchal blessing, and others preparations, I can know what the Lord has planned for me.

Friday, before we left for Utah, we went to the Rexburg Temple for the first time.  Yes, I should have gone  a lot longer ago, and I don't know why I waited so long.  Probably because I have been busy.  That really shouldn't even matter you. And I know now that if  I make time for the temple, Heavenly Father will make time for my homework.  So I am going to go every Friday morning before class.  That morning I also went around Campus and took a lot of pictures of Fall in Rexburg, mostly for my mom who sadly, does not get to experience Fall in Gilbert.  Poor thing.  She is missing out.


Take a look at these gorgeous leaves!  fall is my favorite time of the year and I am so thankful that I live in a place where it actually reveals itself.




That afternoon I took didn't have class so I took my Child Development Exam...A! Then we headed down to Utah!  The drive was so fun.  Blasting music, sleeping, and even hitting a car! (hopefully Robyn doesn't mind me sharing that...)  All is well though! There was no damage and no one was hurt.









Robyn and I watched Saturday sessions cuddled up at Robyn's aunt's house. After hearing the unexpected news about missionaries  it was so hard to focus all of the way through the sessions, but we tried our best! My favorite talk on Saturday was probably Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk about our potential, and true happiness.  Some notes I took:
"declaring our testimony of the gospel is good, but living our testimony of the gospel is better."
"It's not a race, it's a journey."
I also loved how he talked about dying regrets. And it made me think about the things I would regret if I left this Earth now.  Things to think about.  They wish they had let themselves be happy, and they wish they had spent more time with loved ones.
My and my Roomie:) I love her so much! She has helped me through so much and I am so lucky to have her there for me.

In-n-Out between Saturday sessions. YUM

We got ground seats for Sunday Morning Session! I could actually see the Prophet and Apostles in person! Not just on the big screen! 


I can't actually tell who I took a picture of, but they are some General Authorities!!! I just don't know which ones... :) 

What a beautiful Temple.  I really wish we could have stayed longer and taken some more pictures there. Definitely one of my favorites!  Gives me chills every time.

After Sunday morning session we headed home.  I was really missing Rexburg! More than I thought I would! 
We stopped in Brigham City and I got to meet up with a friend while Robyn and Jayson went to go see the Brigham City Temple.  

I am home sweet home in Idaho and back to the old grind of homework and classes and stress.  It was so good to have that weekend break though and I am so grateful that I was able to go.

Tonight for FHE we played paint twister and Porter Park.  Holy COW! We got so so so messy!





I love my Room mates!

When I got home, I skyped Matt right away! I miss that kid. I miss my family.  I am homesick for Colorado Springs, and I am family sick for my family. I called my Dad really late tonight(like an hour ago haha) and we talked about my feeling on a mission again.  I really think that I am going to go.  At least, I am going to definitely prepare to.  I think it is the best thing for me to do right now.  I love my family and I am so thankful for their support and encouragement in this decision.  




No comments:

Post a Comment