Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Bad Day, but Not a Bad Life.

I am the type of person who really doesnt seem to care or even notice when I have a bad day. Little things happen and I let them go and forget about it.  
I usually just don't have bad days.  
That being said, today was a terrible day when I think about it!  It felt like everything went wrong. 
 I went to the dentist where I had a brand spankin' new hygienist who had no idea how to work the xray machines so she redid my xrays with those super painful batwing inserts like 10 times on each side and scraped my teeth like theyve never been scraped before. 
 Then I found out I have a cavity. 
 I havent had a cavity since I was like....7!  What the dump!? 
then because the hygienist was taking so long, I was 40 minutes late to Subway, where my boss was a little annoyed 
and customers where getting angry at me for NOT putting mayonnaise on their sandwiches when they didnt even ask for it, like 'duh mayonnaise should always be on a sandwich' or something.  How should I know? I hate mayonnaise.  
After Subway, I went to Liberty and found out they were cutting hours.  Larry cut my hours from 18 a week to 4.  perfect.  I always wanted to make $30 a WEEK.   After I got off at an early 7 o clock I went back to Subway to look at the new schedule and they decided to do some hour cuts too...I went from like 33 to 23.
  fan-freakin'-tastic. 
  One thing that I am really glad I have though is the ability to laugh about all of this.  There was a moment or two where I was so frustrated I wanted to scream, but at the end of the day, I just laughed. really hard.  
 I guess maybe I was due for a bad day 'cuz I never have them, and I am okay with that. 
 I think I handled it pretty well :)  And I really do have a lot to be thankful for.  I am very thankful that I do still have both jobs, even if I do have less hours.  
Things could have been much worse. 
At least I am healthy (aside from the cavity).  
At least I didn't get in a car crash.
At least I have a roof over my head and clothes to wear and a family who loves me.
At least I didn't have to walk to work.
At least I didn't step in dog poop.
At least I didn't get struck by lightning.
(I think you get the idea)    

So it was just a bad day, but it is NOT a bad life.   

4 comments:

  1. Emily! I love you! You are beautiful and "fan-freakin'-tastic" in a good way :) Way to stay positive! Have a great day tomorrow! "The difference between a good day and a bad day is about 24 hours!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey em! I really needed this. Lately, I've been feeling a little crappy...because being a senior in college ain't easy! you reminded me of what I should be thankful for :)
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog :) and this post is too true!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I loved this post!! Definitely needed to hear this.
    love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete