Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Skinnies

I am a huge pinterest fan.  It is brilliant and it saves so much money.  I decided when I finished the semester that I would try to be more crafty and do pinterest DIY activities.  So this morning, I made skinnies from an old goodwill pair of flare jeans.  My mamma had to help me out in the beginning to remind me how to use the sewing machine, and I really wasn't sure how they were going to turn out. Here goes! 


Turn jeans inside-out 

Pin the sides as skinny as you'd like

 Cut along the edge

Make sure you leave some room just in case you need to remeasure.  I also drew a line with a pencil just in case I lost my spot.

I was kinda scared of completely ruining them

 Sew a straight seam along the line

 Sew a zigzag seam along the very edge AFTER you have tried them on an trimmed the edge down a bit.

TADA! Not too shabby my friends. not too shabby. They are super comfy and now they aren't so short! And I will actually wear them! cuz I have hardly ever worn them...Oh. And they look really good!
Can't wait to try another DIY project :) :)

1 comment: