Saturday, April 20, 2013

Colorado pt. 3: Wrapping It Up


Jessica's last sunday at church before leaving for the MTC.  She will be an amazing missionary in Florida and she will missed here. 

Picnic in the park with Matthew.  Always a good time with this one:) 


Starbucks with Stacey! :) Iv missed this girl.

Pinkies up!
Tuesday night Matt took me to dinner at Amanda Fondas. It was so yummy! 
Wednesday I went to say goodbye to Stacey. I also went to Starbucks with Matt and said goodbye to him.  I tried the most delicious hot cocoa ever! It is definitely my new favorite! White Chocolate hot cocoa with peppermint.  Go try it if you havent! So yummy! I'll see these two soon:) Its never really goodbye. I have to keep telling myself that when Im saying "see ya later" to all my friends (stacey and matt as I go off to school again, and jessica as she goes on a mission!!)

Iv always wanted to snap a pic of this sign! Finally did it!

Semis along the backroads lined up  waiting for i80 to open.
 So... funny story.
Ashley and I start driving to Rexburg Thursday morning.
Everything looks hunky dory til we get to northern colorado and southern wyoming. 
Then, things get hairy. well, icy i guess.
I have NEVER been more stressed out while driving in my entire life.  not even as stressed out as the very first time I ever drove. EVER!
there were parts where we were going literally 5mph on the interstate!
not to mention we were closed in by Semis the entire way.  THAT was scary.
While Ashley was driving on this 2 lane highway a semi slid right as it was passing us. THAT was also scary.
Anyways...we make it to cheyenne and then they closed i80. perfect!
Im glad they closed it though because it was death out there.
So they sent us back to Fort Collins so we could take a different route to Laramie where we stayed in a hotel all by ourselves and waited for the road to open up which it did the next morning.
And we were off again! Still a very scary drive. Super windy, icy, and blown snow, but definitely not as bad as it was the day before.
Apparently Wyoming didnt want us to leave because a few miles before crossing the border into idaho poor Cleatus started making weird noises and all of the gauges started shaking, and flying up and down and so we pulled over and turned the car off thinking he only needed a nap.
So about 10 minutes later we tried to turn him on again.
nope.
 didnt start.
  So there i am waving Jumper Cables in the air, while cars are flying down the interstate in middle of the woods with no cell phone service.
OH! and its raining.
of course.
Soon enough two nice guys pulled over and jumped the car for us.  It was so nice of them! and we were very grateful.
 SO! we set off again and made it to Rexburg safely and on time to check into our apartment.
What a DAY!
Cleatus still makes this weird putting sound which I am still kind of worried about, but other than that he is running great:)
Cleatus was a mess! this does not even begin to capture the thick nasties caked all over him!

Stuck on the side of the road...in the woods

We are safe now! 
I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend in Colorado Springs with my closest friends.  and I can't wait to come back after my mission.  It's weird to think I probably wont be there again til then.  This trip was  a fantastic way to wrap up my offtrack semester.
I am so thankful that me and ashley made it safely, even if things did go wrong, I knew Heavenly Father was watching out for us and keeping us safe.  
And the Spring Semester begins! Goodluck with this new semester everyone:) It is sure to be a good one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment