Tuesday, January 22, 2013

And That's Office Biz

Yesterday was my first day of work at Liberty Tax and I was so terrified, when in reality, I really shouldnt have been.  But, I was. I get terrified for every single new little change that goes on in my life.  I'm trying to work on that.  
I pulled into the parking lot and wanted to barf and go home, and I hadn't even gotten out of the car yet.  Needless to say all of the panic was completely unnecessary. 
It was actually fun! All day we only had 1 person come in for tax related purposes. 1 more, but he was the paper delivery guy.
 Basically my job is to look cute in professional clothes (its like playing dressup!) and run the front desk area. I answer phones, make copies and Tax Return Packets, and "check people in" kind of like in a doctor's office.  I hand them a clipboard with paperwork to fill out, and when they are ready they bring it up to me and I take them over to  MY DESK (It's like I'm important or something) and I transfer all of the personal information from the clipboard paperwork to a computer program.  And then I ask them a few questions from the program, and then I refer them to one of the tax preparers that sit 
at desks behind me. 
 And the cycle continues...well...it would if there was more than one person. Already Larry is the best boss I have EVER had.  Okay besides the Lamoreauxs.  I really think I am going to love it there.  We will see about Subway tomorrow!

P.S.  I started my mission papers today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously laughed out loud while reading this! You're so cute Emily! I miss you tons and I'm so happy for you :) also mission papes , eeep!!!

    ReplyDelete