Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Power of Fasting and Prayer

First of all, I would like to apologize for always redesigning my blog. haha I don't know why I get so bored with the designs so fast...but it do.
These last couple of days have been so crazy! I was getting pretty discouraged about the whole job thing so on Sunday I fasted about it and prayed so much to find one that I could understand if I became slightly annoying. haha 
Then... Tuesday I got a call from Subway for an interview and as I was waiting for it, a  gentleman approached me and said he overheard that I am looking for work and he basically gave me job on the spot.  My interview at Subway was a success but I went into Liberty Tax to speak with the man, Larry, anyways. He said that he was looking for a personal assistant type of thing; someone to answer calls, fill out paperwork, and input information into the computers. So I filled out an application and waited for the official phone call...which came yesterday! 
So I went down to Liberty Tax, filled out all of the paperwork, and told him I would get back to him later that day about my Subway Schedule.  Turns out, my manager at Subway, Yvette, needs me almost every day til 4pm and all day Saturdays.  Larry needed me almost every day at 2pm and all day Saturdays, but he seemed more lenient so I took Subways schedule.  I was so nervous to tell Larry my schedule.  I told him that I completely understood if this wasn't  going to work out anymore and he said, "Emily, do you want this to work out?" and I was like, YES! and he said I could have the job anyways--5pm-8pm with no Saturdays.  He was so sweet!  
So...I have two jobs! I am so happy!  I don't start 'til Monday, but this is going to be so great! I won't be so bored anymore.  I am a little worried that I will get a little more stressed with both of the jobs, but I think I can handle it. 
 I truly believe that Heavenly Father had a huge hand in this and for that I am so grateful.  He knows our needs and the desires of our hearts and when we turn to him with faith in fasting and prayer we will be blessed.





2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Emily I am so super happy for you!! This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats :) Also, I really like this blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! and me too! It took forever to find a design that I actually love :)

    ReplyDelete