Monday, January 28, 2013

Hi Welcome to Subway!

"Hi Welcome to Subway!" a phrase I now say about a million times a day.  Every single flippin' time the door opens.  Sometimes I just wanna go lock it so nobody can come in and I can get a chance to catch my breath OR we should just have a recorded button that sounds all personal and stuff. haha just kidding. That's terrible.
 Anyways, it has almost been a week at Subway and at first, I was pretty panicky.  My first day was a slow day so my boss, Yvette, basically trained me on EVERYTHING, which was WAY too much to take in in a day so even now I still have questions, but she is really really nice and answers all of them.
 I'd say the hardest part of the sandwich making process, physically, is closing the sucker.  The customer is staring and sometimes I close it pretty messy so that's uncomfortable.
 And mentally, the hardest part is remembering the different types of sandwiches and "formulas" and figuring out what buttons to press on the cash register.
SO. MANY. BUTTONS.
I think I am finally getting into the swing of things now.  It is almost routine, not quite, but almost. Oh! and a word to the wise...please don't ever walk into Subway on your cellphone.  It is one of the most annoying things ever.
OH OH OH!!! also, super random but today I met my Uncle VV's mission companion that served with him in South Africa! He is my coworker's dad....small world.
Hmmm...what else? Yesterday I went to my friend Morgan's mission farewell. I am so happy for all of these new missionaries that are getting called and leaving!
Fairly recent calls/farewells:
Kenzie (Rochester, New York)
 Jessica (Jacksonville, Florida)
Morgan (Portland, Oregon)
Jayson (Long Beach, California)
Michael (Atlanta, Georgia)
Erin (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
Briana (Belem, Brazil)
Nick (Manchester, England)
Kelsey (Brisbane, Australia)
(I'm really sorry if I forgot anybody! This was just off the top of my head)
I am so excited for all of these brothers and sisters who have decided to serve missions.  They are going to have a wonderful time and will be blessed for their service and sacrifice.
Anywho, it is the start of a new week, and I really hope it goes by faster than last week.  Take care all :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment