Sunday, March 10, 2013

Peace, Be Still

There was a wonderful article in the Ensign this month, the First Presidency Message actually, that our home teacher shared with us tonight.
Peace, Be Still.
It was perfect. Exactly what I needed to hear.  In short, it discusses how we can feel the Holy Ghost in our lives.  How can we be an instrument in the Lord's hands? How can we feel the promptings of the Spirit and be an answer to someone's prayer? One way is to be in the right place at the right time. How can we know where and when though?
Be still.
We live in this world, but we are not of this world. Or, we shouldnt be. Our world is loud and busy and noisy.  We have many distractions.  We have the spirit on one shoulder and the devil on the other.  Who will we flick off?
I have heard this time and time again, that to be closer to the spirit and to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, we need to eliminate distractions and be still.  Eliminate the "noise" of our lives.  We are a busy people.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing! We may be involved in many good things! But do we make enough time for Him?--the reason why we are here is to get back to Him isn't it?

From this article I have also learned that Heavenly Father has a plan for us.  I need to stop stressing about what that plan is and just go to Him.  I need to lose the noise in my life, be still, and trust Him. As the partial chorus states below, all things--ocean, earth, and skies--obeys our loving Master.  We need not worry.  Peace, Peace, Be Still.


"Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
Or demons or men or whatever it be,
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, be still."


President Thomas S. Monson closed his article stating, "Through tears and trials, through fears and sorrows, through the heartache and loneliness of losing loved ones, there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so. His words in holy writ are sufficient: “Be still, and know that I am God.” 


I know that as I eliminate distractions, and replace them with things that are going to help strengthen my testimony of Christ, I will feel the power of the Holy Ghost more strongly in my life and I will grow closer to my Savior.  I know that his plan for me is real and that I have no need to worry if I have faith, be still, and know that He lives and he is fighting for me.  







1 comment: