Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sneak Peaks

I decided I really love days off.
This morning I went to the temple and did baptisms and tried to write my talk for Easter Sunday.
Yes, I'm speaking on Easter.
Honestly I feel like someone older and wiser should be speaking about the atonement and resurrection  specifically on Easter, but the Lord must be trying to tell me that I need to understand more on the subject, hence, a talk.  You always learn more from the meetings when you are speaking, teaching, or sharing, so I really am grateful for the opportunity.

Every year the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints puts on an Easter pageant at the Mesa Temple ground.  It's kind of a huge deal--makes the front page in the paper, etc. It's an amazing opportunity for missionary work.  In fact, it brings in enough new members to make a whole ward. (200-300 people). It is seen by about 150,000 people total. I had the opportunity to go a few years ago and it was incredible!  I really hope we'll be able to go this year 'cause it is so powerful!  While at the temple this morning I was able to walk through the empty "stadium" and holy guacamole its humungus! and so peaceful...

This is what it looks like from the stage. I got this photo from online 'cause I wasn't able to get on stage.  huge right? 10,000 folding chairs, plus grass seating.

So here is a little sneak peak at what it looks like, all peaceful and empty. Ive never been this close!  so awesome!
I swear, I better be able to go this year.


While I was wandering through the pageant grounds I ran into two sister missionaries and talked with them for a while about themselves and myself and missionary work in the area and in general.  One was from Hondurus, and the other was from California and had only been out 2 days.  
I am really grateful that we stumbled upon each other today because I really needed it. I didn't know I needed it until afterwards, but I needed to hear about missionary work and have questions answered from sisters.  Because I hadn't yet. 

They were so beyond excited about me turning in my papers soon.  they started jumping up and down and pounced me with hugs. 'Whoa Nellie! I don't even know yall!' but I loved it  They made me promise to tell them where I get called, so I'll have to write them:) 
That experience gave me a brief sneak peak into my future as a missionary. I dont even really know them, but I am grateful for these two bright, lovely sisters.

I love love love the Mesa Temple.  the grounds are huge and gorgeous! AND it's warm.  


Later, mommy and I went out to Paradise Bakery for lunch! Day 3 with no sugar and we are still going strong! I love her and I am going to miss her when I go back to school. :)


Smoked Turkey Panini. Heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment