Sunday, March 31, 2013

CTR 7

okay so i never do this. 2 blogs in one day...awkward. haha but I started this one last week. 

Since I have been home, I have been a substitute Primary teacher, but Iv practically been substituting the same class the whole time. CTR 7.  Oh my goodness I love them! The only thing is...I feel bad for them.  Their teachers moved and new ones havent been called.  But they are supposed to be preparing for baptism and having all of these great lessons, sometimes I just felt like I couldnt help them with everything they needed to learn.  I tried my best though.  These kids are at such a wonderful age! They say the funniest things!
After Sam steals a piece of chalk from Kendra she says, "Im gonna beat you up til your dust Sam!!"  Ruby chimes in: "Kendra that's impossible.  You cant beat someone til they are dust."  Kendra defends herself saying, "Well, maybe I cant. but my DAD can--Did you know that my dad jumped off a building that was 'one hundred-ninety-two-five' feet tall and I grabbed a mattress from the dump and slid it right under him.  I was so mad! I sad.  'DAD! you cant jump off a building that is one hundred-ninety-two-five feet tall! Youre the dad! Youre kind of an important part of the family!!!!!! (With her hands above her head)' " 

Everyday Kendra tells me, "My mom said I was born hyper!!!"
She sure can talk!

Today we talked about Easter in sharing time and the teacher was explaining that when Christ was crucified  great destruction came in the land. "There were earthquakes, and lightning and--" sam interrupts with: "and acid rain!?!?"  (chirp chirp) anyways! hahaha it was hilarious.

Also today, one of the little girls burst into tears.  I must have missed what happened because it seemed so all of a sudden to me. I sat down with her and asked her what happened.  "My feelings got hurt." I asked her how and she said, "someone said I wasn't a good friend." I told her to never let what people say bother you. Don't listen to them.  She thanked me and quickly stopped crying. It was such a precious moment :)

On the first day of class we talked about the Book of Mormon and how it is the keystone of our religion.  Kendra drew me this picture after I drew it on the board.  This was the only time she has called me Emily...or...Emlea. haha for some reason  now she calls me emma.  Its kinda cute :)

Then today after sacrament meeting she gave me this post-it.  She said that she drew a mermaid for me while I was giving my talk. I'm gonna miss these kids!





























1 comment:

  1. haha you are hilarious. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete